Stop Motion, Cut Outs, Papercraft, Photoshop & Flash
Quickdraw/NFB Scholarship 2012
Kristen Campbell was born in Ottawa, Canada, and due to her father’s career in the foreign services, has since expanded where she has lived to all over the world, such as Asia, Europe and Africa. She graduated from the American International School of Dhaka in 2004, and after a brief stint of working in an office, she rediscovered her passion for art and applied to the Emily Carr University of Art + Design in 2008. It was there that she first tried and began to appreciate animation. Since then, she has been exploring animation through various experimental techniques and materials, such as stop motion with papercraft and projected light.
- TIFF Student Showcase 2012 (Best Animation, Swift)
- ECUAD President’s Award for Media 2012 (Best Animation, Swift)
- ITFS Crazy Horse Session, 2012 (Best Film, Trixi Goes to the Moving Pictures, made in collaboration with Sitji Chou)
- Montreal World Student Film Festival 2012 (official selection, Swift)
- Air Canada enRoute Film Festival (official selection, Swift)